Sunday, June 6, 2010

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? June 7, 2010


It's Monday, What are you reading is a meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books.

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

This past week I read:


Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews is the 4th in the Kate Daniels series and was an excellent addition to the series.

Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur is the 9th and final book in the Riley Jensen series. It was also excellent. I will miss these characters.

Infinity: Chronicles of Nick by Sherrilyn Kenyon is her debut 2010 YA novel. This one is in the same world as her Dark Hunters books and focuses on the youth of a character we know from the series.

I am also taking part in the Fifth Annual 48 Hour Book Challenge hosted by MotherReader. The first three books I read were:

All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab which is a mystery told from the viewpoints of the ex-boyfriend and the cousin of the murder victim as they try to figure out who killed her.

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison is a YA tearjerker. It tells the story of Beth who thinks of herself as the Beast, Derek who is a boy keeping secrets, and Scott the old friend who wants to be the new boyfriend.

Storm Warning (39 Clues, Book 9) by Linda Sue Park which adds to the saga and takes place in the Caribbean and has pirates.

The final two I read in the last hours of my readathon were:

The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne was a great middle grade book that brought back all the horrors and embarrassments of middle school for me.

Strange Neighbors by Ashlyn Chase was a weird and wacky paranormal romance.

What I'm Reading Next:

These two are the only ones not packed away for my trip:

Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth

Embers by Laura Bickle

The Mermaid's Mirror by L. K. Madigan (This one is a NetGalley eARC that is on my computer and that I have to read soon. My time is running out.)

This was our last week with students and Monday is a teacher workday. Then my summer vacation begins. I'll be packing up and heading up North to my summer home. Four large crates of books are already in the car. Nothing else is packed and ready to go but, at least, the books are ready.

What are your plans for the coming week? Don't forget to enter my contest. It is a thank you for old and new followers. You can win the book of your choice if The Book Depository serves your country. See rules and entry form here.


 

13 comments:

  1. I have the Mermaid's Mirror from NetGalley as well and planning to read this week.

    Love love love that place.

    Here is my Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun books here - several I think I would enjoy too. 39 Clues has been waiting on me and I really want to give that one a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great reading line up here -- enjoy! I've heard good things about Sing Me To Sleep.

    http://laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished Blood Oath the other day, it's a fantastic read! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I'm really getting more and more jealous of all of you who participated in the 48 hour book challenge. I wish I had had the time, but congrats! You read some books that I can't wait to pick up!

    Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. You read some great books. I'll have a look to check out your 48 HBC posts. I took part too, made 17 hours.

    http://leeswammes.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some wonderful sounding books here. I read Taken by the Storm by Angela Morrison and really enjoyed it.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 39 Clues sounds fun; I love books that are interactive and feature history!

    Definitely try an audio book to get you moving. I have had to listen to a few to really get the hang of it, but I like them now. So far, I have taken them on driving trips and listen while cleaning the house. Wonderful to be able to "read" while getting things done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 4 crates of books! I feel like I travel that way. Last year I went on a one week vacation with my mother and fill the motor home with books before I drug in the clothes and food. Have fun with your summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All Unquiet Things looks and sounds really interesting, I'll have to put it on my TBR pile!

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy - Looks like you had a really good week. Good books coming up too. I so wanted to do NetGalley but I won't let myself till I get caught up on the reviews.
    Enjoy your reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did the 48 hour challenge too, but I only read one book. =O( You did a great job...read a lot of books! Looks like you've got some good ones lined up next too.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've has a great week & read some great books (I want to read all of them). I couldn't participate in the read-a-thin :( but you did great ;)
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!