Saturday, July 31, 2010

July Monthly Report

It is time for an overview of what I got and what I read in July 2010.

July was a great month. I spent a lot of it relaxing and reading.. I didn't link them but all of the books listed are reviewed either on this blog or on Ms. Martin Teaches Media. I read a total of 35 books.

Adult Books (25)

Time Weaver by Shana Abe
Blood Song by Cat Adams
Kitty Goes to War by Carrie Vaughn
Red Hot Fury by Kasey MacKenzie
Romancing the Dead by Tate Hallaway
The Accidental Werewolf by Dakota Cassidy
Bonds of Justice by Nalini Singh
The Search by Nora Roberts
Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill
Discord's Apple by Carrie Vaughn
In Other Worlds by Sherrilyn Kenyon
A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
Barely a Lady by Eileen Dreyer
Honeymoon of the Dead by Tate Hallaway
The Mane Event by Shelley Laurenston
The Beast in Him by Shelley Laurenston
The Mane Attraction by Shelley Laurenston
The Mane Squeeze by Shelley Laurenston
Beast Behaving Badly by Shelley Laurenston
Cast in Chaos by Michelle Sagara
Infamous by Suzanne Brockmann
Eternal Kiss of Darkness by Jeaniene Frost
Dark and Stormy Knights edited by P. N. Elrod
Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong
A Safe Harbor: Building Sanctuary by Moira Rogers

Young Adult Books (7)

Other by Karen Kincy
Majix: Notes from a Serious Teen Witch by Douglas Rees
Legacies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill
Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus
The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James

Middle Grade Books (3)

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan
Magic Below Stairs by Caroline Stevermer
The Grimm Legacy by Polly Shulman

Added to the TBR Stack

I added 58 books to my LibraryThing account this month. 23 of the books for ebooks for my Kindle. That leaves 35 print books which equals the number I read this month. This is the second month in a row when the number of books I read equals the number of print books I received. Since I read some ebooks this month the stack of physical books did grow though.

I currently have 811 books tagged TBR in my LibraryThing account.

Progress on Challenges

I raised the goals on a number of the challenges because I have already met my former goal. I hope these are more realistic for what I read this year. My next task is to go into my blog and adjust the progress bars to reflect the new reality.

2010 YA Debut Author (Goal = 24 36 books)

Jan. - March = 10
April - June = 11
July I read: 5
Total to Date: 26

2010 YA Reading Challenge (Goal = 25 75)

Jan. - March = 19
April - June = 40
July I read: 10
Total to Date: 69

Flashback Reading Challenge (Goal = 6)

Jan. - March = 3
April - June = 2
July I read: 0
Total to Date: 5

2010 E Book Reading Challenge (Goal = 20 50)

Jan. - March = 18
April - June = 10
July I read = 6
Total to Date: 34

RYOB Reading Challenge (Goal = 100 250)

Jan. - March = 47
April - June = 71
July I read = 35
Total to Date: 153

2010 TBR Reading Challenge (Goal = 12)

Jan. - March = 4
April - June = 2
July I read = 0
Total to Date: 6

Bottoms Up Reading Challenge (Goal = 36)

Jan. - March = 6
April - June = 3
July I read = 5
Total to Date: 14

In the Middle Reading Challenge (Goal = 10)

Jan. - March = 8
April - June = 12
July I read = 3
Total to Date: 23



I am currently reading Fire Lord's Lover by Kathryne Kennedy on my Kindle. This happens to be the first book I added to LibraryThing in July. I just began it and don't really expect to finish it today. There are too many other things on the agenda to devote much time to reading.

I have one more month of vacation. I start work again one month from today. I am hoping to have another good reading month and limiting the number of books I buy. (She says with a head shake knowing that 5 more books are in the mail coming to her from Amazon as she does this post!)



4 comments:

  1. I've only read one book off that list! Great month!

    http://fredasvoice.blogspot.com/2010/07/july-monthly-news.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Macaroni!!! You read a boat load! I only read 2 1/2 *sniffle* can you believe it!? that Voyager by Gabaldon just bogged me down big time, and real life is hard to get away from. I also can't read more than 1 at a time. I'm monogamous 1 book at a time for me ;)

    Paula
    Tomes Devotee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice month! You got so much accomplished this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! I meant to say you got so much accomplished this MONTH, not this week! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!