Thursday, July 1, 2010

June 2010 Summary

It is time for an overview of what I got and what I read in June 2010.

My last day of work this school year was June 7. I packed and arrived at my summer home on June 8 and I started reading. I didn't link them but all of the books listed are reviewed either on this blog or on Ms. Martin Teaches Media. I read a total of 38 books.

Adult Books (17)

Moon Sworn by Keri Arthur
Strange Neighbors by Ashlyn Chase
Embers by Laura Bickle
Bullet by Laurell K. Hamilton
Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth
Cry Sanctuary by Moira Rogers
Sanctuary Lost by Moira Rogers
Sanctuary's Price by Moira Rogers
Sanctuary Unbound by Moira Rogers
Short Stories from Red Rock Pass by Moira Rogers
Naamah's Curse by Jacqueline Carey
Death Echo by Elizabeth Lowell
Assassin's Honor by Monica Burns
Mission of Honor by David Weber
Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
Nauti Deceptions by Lora Leigh
Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Young Adult Books (15)

Sing Me to Sleep by Angela Morrison
All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
Infinity (Chronicles of Nick) by Sherrilyn Kenyon
The Crescent by Jordan Deen
The Mermaid's Mirror by L. K. Madigan
Heist Society by Ally Carter
Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
A Matter of Magic by Patricia C. Wrede
Sea by Heidi R. Kling
Forgive My Fins by Tera Lynn Childs
Deception (Haunting Emma) by Lee Nichols
13 to Life by Shannon Delany
The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer
Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey

Middle Grade Books (6)

Storm Warning (39 Clues, Book 9) by Linda Sue Park
The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne
Flight of the Outcast by Brad Strickland
The Magic Thief: Found by Sarah Prineas
Don't Know Where, Don't Know When by Annette Laing
Knightley Academy by Violet Haberdasher

Added to the TBR Stack

I added 63 books to my LibraryThing account this month. 25 of the books for ebooks for my Kindle. That leaves 38 print books which equals the number I read this month. That does mean that the physical TBR stack didn't grow this month which is a major accomplishment for me. In fact, I don't recall this ever happening since I began blogging.

Before I get too excited, I need to remember that according to LibraryThing I still have 781 books tagged TBR.

Progress on Challenges



2010 YA Debut Author (Goal = 24 books)

Jan. - March = 10
April I read: 3
May I read: 1
June I read: 6
Total to Date: 20


2010 YA Reading Challenge (Goal = 25)

Jan. - March = 19
April I read: 8
May I read: 11
June I read: 21
Total to Date: 59


Flashback Reading Challenge (Goal = 6)

Jan. - March = 3
April I read: 0
May I read: 1
June I read: 1
Total to Date: 5


2010 E Book Reading Challenge (Goal = 20)

Jan. - March = 18
April I read: 1
May I read: 3
June I read: 6
Total to Date: 28


RYOB Reading Challenge (Goal = 100)

Jan. - March = 47
April I read: 17
May I read: 18
June I read: 35
Total to Date: 117


2010 TBR Reading Challenge (Goal = 12)

Jan. - March = 4
April I read: 1
May I read: 1
June I read: 0
Total to Date: 6


Bottoms Up Reading Challenge (Goal = 36)

Jan. - March = 6
April I read: 1
May I read: 2
June I read: 0
Total to Date: 9


In the Middle Reading Challenge (Goal = 10)

Jan. - March = 8
April I read: 4
May I read: 2
June I read: 6
Total to Date: 20

June's weather has included lots of rainy days and lots of cold days which have given me lots of time to read. 



The year is half over and I have read 134 books. I am in the middle of books 135 and 136. Reading 250 books this year seems like it might be possible. It will give me a goal to aim for. 



Photo Credit goes to Harry Kran-Annexstein under a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

  1. Holy Scmoly! When you go on vacation and say you are going to have some reading time, you aren't kidding!

    GREAT MONTH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you've read lots of books! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!