Monday, July 12, 2010

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon Day 1

Day one of the Once a Upon a Read-a-thon went pretty well. I used my new timer bookmark to keep track of the amount of time I spent reading. I start and stop reading a lot. This bookmark lets me pause and resume and gives me a pretty accurate count of the time I am actually reading.
I began the morning finishing The Search by Nora Roberts. It took 59 minutes to complete that book.

Next I reset my timer and read the next two chapters in Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. I have been trying to read a chapter a day. But, with only 4 chapters left, I am hoping to finish this book by the end of the read-a-thon. There are so many names and so many ideas that I can't read very much at a time.
I took a break in the afternoon to out to lunch with my brother. Then I read Twice Bitten by Chloe Neill. It took 4 hours and 53 minutes.

I ended the day reading Legacies by Mercedes Lackey and Rosemary Edghill. I read for two hours and got to page 110. Of course I was also a little distracted by Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives because I really love that Food Network show.

So, I read for about 9 hours today. I finished two books. I'm going to wait to review the books until the read-a-thon is over. Look for a bunch of posts starting on Thursdat.


3 comments:

  1. Wow - loads of reading! I have not read much today, obviously, but plan to read late into the night tonight once I finish with my google reader. I did however get almost 3 hours of listening in while I was in my jeep. I am listening to Jester by James Patterson - it's okay, not my favorite Patterson so far. Oh - I see that Curran gets his own pages! You can see the blurb here. Happy reading tomorrow. PS - thanks for the email.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again - contest that I thought you might be interested in - even if your don't enter. http://readseverything.blogspot.com/2010/07/contest-giveaway-prizes-free-copies-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really cool bookmark! I've never seen anything like that - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!