Sunday, October 14, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? (Oct. 15, 2012)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is a meme hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.


I had a good reading week this past week. I finished four books. Here they are:
For this blog, I read I Do Solemnly Swear by D. M. Annechino which was a thriller about the first woman president who becomes president when the current president is murdered. This one has a White Supremacist group trying to take over the US, potential war in the Middle East, and political infighting between the Congress and the President. 

I also read The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels which was a historical romance that featured the romances of three couples. All of the characters were very engaging and, while the romance didn't break any new ground, it was well written and entertaining. 

My reviews are here and here for these two.
I read two books for my YA blog too. The Opposite of Hallelujah by Anna Jarzab was a contemporary novel about a girl who has to make major adjustments when her sister comes home from 8 years in a cloistered convent. The relationships within the family form the core of this story. My review will be posted on Oct. 18.

The second YA book I read this week was Keeping Safe the Stars by Sheila O'Connor. This is a story that takes place in 1974 and is about three kids having to survive alone after their grandfather, and only living relative, is hospitalized with encephalitis. My review will be posted on Oct. 20.
I am currently reading Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson which is a romantic suspense title I received through LibraryThing's Early Reviewer program. This one is much more slanted toward romance than suspense and is an engaging and very realistic romance between two adults who already have full and complete lives. 

Next week I have these four books on my stack. 
Edge of Oblivion by J. T. Geissinger was a surprise in my mailbox. But since it is a paranormal about shifters I am excited to get to this one.
I have three YAs that are all being released on Oct. 16 on my stack too. Crewel by Gennifer Albin, Beta by Rachel Cohn and The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski are the next ones on my review list. 

This upcoming week will be a strange one. We have Parent-Teacher Conferences on Monday and Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning. Then I am travelling four hours to visit my brother and spending time in Duluth until Sunday when I will be driving back home. I don't expect to have any reading time until Wednesday evening but will have lots of extra reading time on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It will be nice to have a change of scene for a couple of days.

What have you got planned for this week?

4 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! These are new to me but I hope you enjoy them all!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your books. It feels so good to finish more than one book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd really like to read BETA, the rest of the books sound great too!
    Here's what I'm reading
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're set to have an amazing reading week. Hope you enjoy all your books :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!