Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
This week I am spotlighting The Birthday Scandal by Leigh Michaels. I got this ARC from Amazon Vine. Here is the description:
The wealthy Duke of Weybridge knows that everyone loves a good surprise…and a good scandal. He has bounteous amounts of both for the guests—particularly for his nieces and nephew, Emily, Isabel, and Lucien—at his extravagant seventieth birthday ball. They think his promise to improve their lives means a generous stipend. But he’s got different gifts in mind: finding them the perfect matches. His task won’t be easy, because the Arden siblings have given up on love.

Bachelor Lucien spends more time merrymaking than looking for a proper wife. His sister Emily, broken-hearted when her betrothal ended in disgrace, committed herself to an early spinsterhood. And Isabel’s marriage has been troubled from the moment it began—with a terrible betrayal on her wedding night.

Though witty and strong-willed, the siblings are no match for their uncle’s wily machinations. And as the celebration approaches, his romantic scheming ignites illicit liaisons and irresistible temptations, sparking enough rumors to keep the ton abuzz until his next birthday.
Teaser:
Though why she felt a need to think was beyond her. Why hadn't she told him right there in the hallway that bartering over a child as though he were merchandise was repugnant?
Good question! I can hardly wait to get to this point in the book to find out the answer.

12 comments:

  1. Well! What child and why barter? I almost got this one and now I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice teaser. Very intriguing, yet also horrible because of the child bartering. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, she should have totally. Terribly wrong to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup! She definitely should have said something about that!

    Thanks for visiting my tease!


    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser. Thank you for posting the synopsis too. I think I'd enjoy this book, just to find out what the uncle is up to.
    My teaser is from CONFESSIONS OF A CORPORATE SLUT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent teaser. Hope the book is as good as it sounds! My post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great teaser. This sounds like a fun read

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by earlier!

    Wendy - Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the teaser! I've seen this book around, but didn't realize it was about other characters!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!