Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Shifting Shadows by Patricia Briggs

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
I do not know, nor do I wish to, how long I lived as a werewolf serving my grandmother. It could have been decades or centuries, though I think it was close to the latter than the former. It was long enough that I had time to forget my given name. I deliberately left it behind because I was no longer that person, but I had not thought to lose it altogether. My name was not the only memory I lost.

This week my teaser comes from Shifting Shadows: Stories from the World of Mercy Thompson by Patricia Briggs. I really like the Mercy Thompson novels and am eager to read all the short stories that have been written in that world too. Here is the description from Amazon:
Mercy Thompson’s world just got a whole lot bigger…

A collection of all-new and previously published short stories featuring Mercy Thompson, “one of the best heroines in the urban fantasy genre today” (Fiction Vixen Book Reviews), and the characters she calls friends…

Includes the new stories…

“Silver”
“Roses in Winter”
“Redemption”
“Hollow”

…and reader favorites

“Fairy Gifts”
“Gray”
“Alpha and Omega”
“Seeing Eye”
“The Star of David”
“In Red, with Pearls”

6 comments:

  1. OOoh nice tease! Powerful too in a sense!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read this last month and there were only two stories I had read previously, one I love (Alpha & Omega) and one I didn't like much the first time. I enjoyed the new-to-me stories. Mine: A Killer Crop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I enjoy reading short stories, and this sounds like a collection I'd enjoy. Good Teaser.
    My Tuesday post features WAR BRIDES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting... I've been meaning to check out the Mercy Thompson series at some point. Great pick!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!