Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Memes: Pecan Pies and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City Reader. The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

This week I am spotlighting Pecan Pies and Deadly Lies by Nancy Naigle. I got this book through the Amazon Vine program. Here is the description:
Welcome to Adams Grove…where the pies are delicious but the lies are to die for.

America’s beloved country superstar Cody Tuggle never expected to be one of America’s most wanted. At least that’s how he feels since he’s been accused of murdering his scheming agent. Desperate to prove he’s innocent, he turns to his only alibi, award-winning photographer Kasey Phillips, who recently toured with him and his band.

After an exciting life on the road, Kasey has settled down in small-town Adams Grove with her five-year-old son. Unexpectedly reunited with Cody, she finds herself open to love again. But just when she’s ready to fall, everything she ever believed about him is called in to question.

Cody has waited a long time for genuine love, and he can’t let this chance with Kasey slip away. But as the evidence stacks up, the accusations against him put a damper on the sparks flying between them. Can he convince Kasey he’s innocent, and will she clear his name in time? Or will their dreams of the future be the victim of a deadly lie?

Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies is a sweet, down-home story of love overcoming all obstacles—from the crossroads of small town and suspense.
Beginning:
A convoy of antique tractors sputtered down Main Street in Adams Grove, a tradition for the last day of the kids' summer vacation.
Friday 56:
Cody couldn't stop smiling at the serious look on this little boy's face. You'd think he was cracking the code to cancer or something.

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like the kind of story I adore! The opening definitely sets the stage for the small town setting, and the excerpt from Page 56 is endearing. Thanks for introducing me to this book.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: House Rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'd like this one. Contemporary lit and romance always mesmerize me. I get so much more than I expect. Have you read any of Bette Lee Crosby's books? I think you'd like them.
    Here is my 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/03/the-friday-56-39-the-abyss-above-us/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet this is a sweet read!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the excerpts! I have a book or two from this author that I need to get to. Definitely looking forward to trying her books now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds really good! I love books like this!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!