Saturday, March 18, 2023

Book Review: Magic Tides by Ilona Andrews

Magic Tides

Author:
Ilona Andrews
Series: Kate Daniels: Wilmington Years (Book 1)
Publication: NYLA (January 17, 2023)

Description: Ilona Andrews invites you back to the #1 New York Times bestselling Kate Daniels series in this exciting new long novella featuring Kate, Curran and Conlan, some familiar faces, some new friends, and all the special brand of chaos they create!

Kate, Curran and their son, Conlan have left Atlanta, vowing to keep a low profile, and are settling into a new city and new house…but some things never change! Magical mayhem is about to erupt when Kate undertakes the rescue of a kidnapped youth, while Curran guards the homefront.

It should be a simple retrieval, but with monsters on land and sea, Kate’s got her work cut out for her. Still, she's never let her blade dull or her purpose falter. And that low profile? It’s about to wash away with the raging tides!

My Thoughts: Kate, Curran, and their son Conlan have moved to Wilmington for a new start in a new city and new house. Kate would like them to keep a low profile but when the nephew of their contractor is kidnapped, Kate decides to go to his rescue leaving Curran and Conlan to guard their new house.

It isn't as easy as Kate had hoped since first she runs into traffickers and then she has to deal with the People and finally has to deal with an ancient god. But Kate's knowledge and skills are enough to face all the odds and triumph.

Meanwhile back at home, Curran and Conlan along with some allies deal with their own share of troubles. 

This was a fun story with lots of magical action. I enjoy the worldbuilding which is based on myths from a wide assortment of traditions. It is good to catch up with Kate, Curran and Conlan. 

Favorite Quote:
Hi, honey, I accidentally exploded some kind of baby kraken in the Cape Fear River in broad daylight in front of a dozen witnesses. Yes, I do remember that I was the one who originally insisted on the lying low thing. Yes, I do recall that you said it would never work. No, it isn't funny...
I bought this one. You can buy your copy here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!