Monday, March 27, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 27, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

Spring in Minnesota!
My Front Yard

My Backyard

We added 3.4 inches of snow this week, but the bright sun has reduced the amount of snow officially on the ground from 35 inches to 33 inches. Mostly snow-free solar panels are also producing some electricity for us. The backyard picture has me (5' 3") holding the camera at my eye level and barely being able to see over the drifts. You can see our snow-covered deck on the left in the picture.

I haven't been driving at all this week since my brother is using my car while waiting for parts for his exhaust system. The roads are snow-free both as a result of plowing and the sun melting the remainder. The snow piles on the sides of the road do make turning onto a busy street an adventure though.

I'm still keeping busy watching Spring Training baseball and watching The Voice. This week games start for real, and I can't wait. I also listened to my first audiobook of the month this past week and have more in my plans for this week.

I had a huge week for adding new books. First, I got Kindle copies of all of the In Death books I didn't already have on Kindle. Then Chirp had a sale on Donna Andrews's series. Then I was approved for a number of review copies. Anyway, 21 new books were added to my stacks.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Promises in Death by J. D. Robb (Book 28; reread)
  • Kindred in Death by J. D. Robb (Book 29; reread)
  • An American in Scotland by Lucy Connelly (Review; April 4) -- ER doctor from Seattle uproots her life for rural Scotland and discovers a body before her jet lag has worn off. Interesting characters and a nice setting. My review will be posted on March 29.
  • Downfall by Mark Rubenstein (Review; April 4) -- Interesting contemporary mystery told from multiple viewpoints. My review will be posted on March 30.
  • Fantasy in Death by J. D. Robb (Book 30; Reread)
  • Salvage Right by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller (Review; July 4) -- I couldn't wait to read the latest in the Liaden Universe as soon as Baen Books made the eARC available. I enjoyed it, but will want to read it again before I write my review nearer to the book's release date.
  • Indulgence in Death by J. D. Robb (Book 31; Reread)
  • Captive Star by Nora Roberts (Mine; Audiobook) -- Entertaining romantic suspense. It's the middle book in the Stars of Mithra trilogy. My review will be posted on April 4.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:

Audiobooks from Chirp:
Kindle:
What was your week like?

15 comments:

  1. Wow - the snow piles are huge! We might have had a few but not like that. Hope spring arrives soon. A great list of books read and gotten. Have a fantastic reading week Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many tempting books, and that snow looks delightful, except for the maintenance part. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spring is looking much different than mine in Florida. Your books all look so good. Enjoy them and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's a lot of snow! I don't mind it so much when it sunny, but the dreary days get t me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lot of snow!! Hope you get some real spring weather soon, lol. Your new books look good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is a lot of snow! I don't think we've ever had that much. At least not to my memory, childhood years are a different story! Lol!

    Nice lineup of reads! New to me ones but I hope you enjoy them all!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of books and you really get through them as well. I see the next Karen Rose here - I like her books but her badies are so so bad. I am still reading her back list. Identity I'll definitely want to read. Wow that snow, I am so impressed thanks for sharing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, snow. We got some snow today, but the snow was pretty much gone from the roads by supper. And yeah for the In Death reading going well! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a lot of snow! It snowed here yesterday, but not that much. It'll probably melt today. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! You have had a lot of snow! I can imagine that it might be hard to turn where the snow is piled up that high.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I know it's Minnesota, but wow! There are a lot of great books here, Kathy. I am really intrigued by The Librarian of Crooked Lane. Have a great day, and be careful up there 😊

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love some of that snow! We didn't really have much snow here at all this Winter. Hope you enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope it warms up for you soon.

    I saw Hotel of Secrets and Summer Reading at another blog today. Your Chirp audiobooks look great. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, all that snow! I'm glad the roads are clear at least and hope your brother gets his car back on the road soon.

    I love the Miss Fisher TV show; I should read the books sometime. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!