Monday, March 6, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 6, 2023)

 It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a busy week with lots of interesting weather. I had my annual wellness visit with my doctor on Monday. Overnight rain turned to snow making icy roads. I had my annual mammogram on Wednesday. Again, it was snowing heavily when I had to travel. All the other days of the week were nice and sunny.

I have an appointment Monday morning to take care of the paperwork transferring my car lease to a car purchase. Guess what the weather forecast is? If you said snow and slippery roads, you would be correct. 

Otherwise, I have been spending my time rereading the In Death series and watching or listening to Braves Baseball. I have reread the first 16 of the In Death books. I've read the ones published from 1995 to the first of two published in 2003. I have gathered the novellas/short stories but will be saving them until the end.  I will be taking a break until I have read my April review books and finished the last March review book too.

I wrote and published my monthly State of the Stack post which I use to track review books.

February Reading

I read 38 books in February. Twenty-five were mine and thirteen were review books. Among the twenty-five that were mine, I listened to eleven audiobooks for a total of 218.6 hours of listening. Fourteen of the books I read were rereads. 

I added 41 books to my LibraryThing account in February. Nine were review books. Thirty-two of the new additions are still TBR. I added eight audiobooks to my collection. One was an Audible Daily Deal and four others were from the Audible Plus catalog. 

I took advantage of BookBub offers to get five books. Three of them were Kindle copies of books I'd previously read but wanted to reread or own in Kindle format. The other two added to TBR mountain. 

According to LibraryThing, my "To Read" collection now number 2434.

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Seduction in Death by J. D. Robb (Great In Death Reread)
  • Hotel of Secrets by Diana Biller (Review; March 28) -- Entertaining historical romance with a healthy heaping of mystery. Set in Vienna and starring two unlikely lovers, this was an entertaining story. My review will be posted on March 22)
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. You had a great reading February. I started the JD Robb series many years ago but never continued. I really should go back and catch up. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading! Enjoy your In Death series. I have only read the first three in the series, but plan to grab some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic reading month! Wow. Thirty-eight books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been snowing here too. It's all gone now though. Hope your week is off t a good start :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What am amazing reading month you had! Hope the weather cooperates for your upcoming outings... I hate winter driving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow and ice, yuck! I know it's probably not a huge deal to you in Minnesota but I'm glad you ran your errands safely.

    I read the first book in the In Death series years ago and liked it. I need to start it again. I have been organizing my GoodReads TBR shelf and Deanna Raybourn's books caught my eye again. Your post feels like a nudge in that direction. I also need to read Gideon the Ninth.

    Enjoy your week and your baseball! I had completely forgotten that spring training started already.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I never read Robb's books! I hope you enjoy your re-read-athon!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so done with snow already. Looks like we will be getting rain this weekend, but nothing white until after that.

    Hotel of Secrets, Fateful Words, and The House Keepers caught my eye this week. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So much reading AND reviewing! Impressive! I listened to Gideon the Ninth on audio and am waiting for the next book to come in for me from the library. I listened to a Christmas book from the In Death series and liked it. Always meant to go back and listen to more, starting from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of snow and cold weather for you! It's been unusually warm in my neck of the woods lately; no complaints here. :) You had a very productive reading month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah for getting that far into the reread of the In Death series! This post reminded me that I'd forgotten about a Sinister Revenge, so thanks for that! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!