Monday, March 20, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (March 20, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

We had an interesting week. Weather forecasters were predicting a rain/snow mix for Wednesday afternoon and into Saturday. Luckily, the predicted storm mostly missed us. We got a little rain and sleet Wednesday night, and it snowed some on Thursday but not nearly what was predicted. We got five inches of new snow on Thursday and 3/4 inch on Friday. Duluth has now had enough snow to reach the sixth snowiest since records began. That is 121.4 inches with a current snow depth of 35 inches. However, the drifts, and our backyard is full of drifts, are probably between five and six feet high. 

We got our taxes done on Monday. So that's taken care of for another year. I also paid the people who take care of our lawn for mulching, fertilizing, and weed killing even though I doubt anything will be possible until late April or May. It gives me some hope that eventually all the snow will be gone. 

Friday night my brother came home from work, and it sounded like he was driving a tank. He lost the exhaust system somewhere on his journey to and from work. He's been driving my car until he can get his in for work on the exhaust system. He wants to go to the same place he had work done previously and they aren't open on weekends. It looks like I'll have to do some driving so that I can bring him home after he drops off his car for repair. I hope he picks a nice sunny day!

I've been watching so much baseball. Beyond the Atlanta Braves Spring Training games, I've been watching the World Baseball Classic. Just three games left in the WBC but two of them are the same time I should be watching The Voice.

I'm almost to the half-way point in the In Death series. Then I'll have to switch off and actually read the books that I planned to read and put on my calendar. I haven't listened to an audiobook since I started my In Death reread. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)

I have done brief reviews of the In Deaths that I haven't already reviewed on Goodreads.
  • Origin in Death by J. D. Robb (In Death 21)
  • Blind Spots by Thomas Mullen (Review; April 4) -- Futuristic mystery in a dystopian future when all humans have gone blind and depend on Vidders to let them see. Someone has found a way to blur out people on the vidders so that they can commit murders. My review will be posted on March 28.
  • Memory in Death by J. D. Robb (In Death 22)
Currently
Next Week
And Review books...
And "oldies" from TBR Mountain.,.
  • Skin Deep by Mark Del Franco (mine since July 31, 2009)
  • Final Jeopardy by Linda Fairstein (Mine since February 5, 2009)
And Audiobooks...
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. An American in Scotland looks good, haven't read any of the JD Robb series!!😶

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got some snow but it's melted. We had one really bad night though where the roads were AWFUL.

    I've been wanting to read Krentz. I have some Brody's on my Kindles too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. I got my post done early, but then forgot to share it in the link-up! I haven't been reading much each day lately, between busy work weeks and busy weekends, but I still listen to a lot of audio!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of snow! The area in NY where we used to live (near Syracuse) averages 120" every winter, but is way below average this year. Buffalo got all of it this year, lol! I like the looks of A Mansion for Murder. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My nephew will be pitching this year for the Texas Rangers. We are happy to have him close to home.

    "Our backyard is full of drifts, are probably between five and six feet high." What?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah that the In Death reread is going well, I hope the other books are quick and easy to read so you can get back to the In Death series! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are all totally new to me reads! I haven't seen these editions of Robb's books that have the "Roberts writing as" on them! That's kind of cool!

    Hope you enjoy all of your reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys had so much snow! I think it fizzles out before it reaches us. I don't need a ton of snow but this year we practically had none.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really should start the Robb books from #1. I read the first two so many years ago. I would need a re-read. Your other books look good too. Enjoy and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've had exactly the opposite of our winter - we had NO snow this winter!! Still, it's heartening to see the blooms popping out and feel slightly warmer temperatures. Saying you're at the halfway point in death sounded pretty dark, until i saw all the book covers! ha ha Glad you're enjoying that series ... and spring baseball, too!

    Sue
    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cannot imagine that amount of snow. Sure, I've seen pictures but it just seems like Photoshop or something, even though I know it isn't. Back home, we all love to talk about "The Blizzard of '93" every single March and I think we'll do it until all of us who experienced it pass away. We actually didn't get *that* much at my house--maybe 3' overnight?--and we only lost power for about 6 hours, which I slept through. But other people did get 6' overnight and were without power for a week or two. That's unheard of for NC but you're just up there in Minnesota like, "Yeah, no big deal, we have 6' drifts in our backyard." We're such wimps in the south! :-)

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cars can be so frustrating at times. I hope he is able to get it fixed soon. Glad to hear the storm mostly missed you. Spring needs to arrive sooner or later. Hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!