Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday Memes: A Sinister Revenge by Deanna Raybourn

 Happy Friday everybody!

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
"You must not go into the forest at night," the innkeeper warned, his voice trembling with fear. "Something dangerous walks there in the darkness."
Friday 56:
"Then you believe there is a specific time and date at which the world began?" Stoker continued in a dangerously polite voice.

"Eight p.m., October the twenty-third, 4004 BC," Gresham replied with perfect assureance.

"You cannot be serious," Stoker said flatly.
This week I am spotlighting A Sinister Revenge by Deanna Raybourn. This review book is the 8th in the Veronica Speedwell series. Here is the description from Amazon:
Veronica must find and stop a devious killer when a group of old friends is targeted for death in this new adventure from the New York Times bestselling and Edgar Award–nominated author Deanna Raybourn.

Veronica’s natural-historian beau, Stoker, has been away in Bavaria for months and their relationship is at an impasse. But when Veronica shows up before him with his brother, Tiberius, Lord Templeton-Vane, he is lured back home by an intriguing job offer: preparing an iguanodon for a very special dinner party.

Tiberius has received a cryptic message—along with the obituaries of two recently deceased members of his old group of friends, the Seven Sinners—that he too should get his affairs in order. Realizing he is in grave danger but not knowing why, he plans a reunion party for the remaining Sinners at his family estate to lure the killer out while Veronica and Stoker investigate.

As the guests arrive and settle in, the evening’s events turn deadly. More clues come to light, leading Veronica, Stoker, and Tiberius to uncover a shared past among the Sinners that has led to the fatal present. But the truth might be far more sinister than what they were prepared for.

2 comments:

  1. Probably not for me but I do hope that you love it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those featured snippets are so intriguing! While I don't read much of this genre, I have been meaning to read a historical mystery or two (I do love historical romances and WWII historicals, and I love mysteries) so maybe this one:)
    Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!