Wednesday, December 9, 2009

An Unplanned Day Off

So, what do you do with an unplanned day off? Is it your chance to bake, clean house, prepare for the holidays? Do you do catch-up work for your job? Me? I'm catching up on some school work and taking the opportunity for some quality reading time. Oh, and blogging.

I'd like to finish viewing and commenting on the sixth graders' xtranormal internet safety PSAs. I also want to do some reading. I recently finished Evermore by Alyson Noel and enjoyed the story of a girl who is coping after losing her entire family and waking up with new psychic gifts that forces her to hear the thoughts of everyone around her. Naturally she meets a boy. This one is immortal and has loved and lost her many times through history. He is determined to keep her this time. I have almost finished Blue Moon by Alyson Noel which is the second in the series. During which true love runs anything but smoothly. And I am looking forward to the third in the series --  Shadowland which has been shipped and, weather permitting, I will receive tomorrow.

So, while waiting, I am going to read The Diary of a Wimpy Kid. (Edited: I read 50 pages before it got too silly for me. I'm putting it down in favor of The Magic Thief: Lost by Sarah Prineas.) Wimpy Kid is much in demand at my elementary school and, for some reason, the books have never made it onto the book order. So I bought 2 copies of each to donate to the Elementary Media Center as my Christmas gift to the students. Amazon.com had a terrific deal on them. Hardcovers for $6 or less was a deal I couldn't pass up. Three of the four books arrived yesterday and I stayed late to get them processed so that they could be checked out. Roderick Rules should arrive on Friday and be ready to go on Monday. I am always excited to see kids excited about books and reading.

Those activities ought to take care of my unexpected day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!