Saturday, December 26, 2009

Review: Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum

Librarians, there is a comic strip out there designed for you. You need to check out Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum. They do a daily strip on the web which can be subscribed to in your RSS reader of choice. You can also receive the strips by email. Check out their website.

One really nice feature of the strip is that they do weekly book review strips. Here is the URL to see what books they have included. It is allowed to print and display those strips in your Media Center. You can also put the daily feed on your non-commercial website. Check out "Reprint Unshelved" on the home page for details.

Check the comic strip archive for my absolute favorite of the strips. It was shown on April 7, 2009. I printed a copy and it sits on my dining room table so that I can see it every morning with my breakfast.

Bill and Gene's genius has been collected in a number of books. Here are cover shots from my LibraryThing collection of the ones that I own.





If you don't know these guys and their work, you must check them out immediately. Don't let another day go by without their daily dose of library humor.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the Unshelved Book Club. I didn't realize there were so many.
    Karin

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!