Friday, June 16, 2017

Friday Memes: Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lynn Moyer

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
The locomotive engine belched billowing clouds of steam, a black-iron dragon chained to the tracks.
Friday 56:
She chose that moment to reappear, hovering in the space between seats in the cab. Shadow's green eyes bored into mine, relentless in demanding my attention. 
This week I am reading Delia's Shadow by Jamie Lynn Moyer. This one has been on my TBR mountain since the end of 2013. Here is the description from Amazon:
It is the dawn of a new century in San Francisco and Delia Martin is a wealthy young woman whose life appears ideal. But a dark secret colors her life, for Delia's most loyal companions are ghosts, as she has been gifted (or some would say cursed) with an ability to peer across to the other side.

Since the great quake rocked her city in 1906, Delia has been haunted by an avalanche of the dead clamoring for her help. Delia flees to the other side of the continent, hoping to gain some peace. After several years in New York, Delia believes she is free…until one determined specter appears and she realizes that she must return to the City by the Bay in order to put this tortured soul to rest.

It will not be easy, as the ghost is only one of the many victims of a serial killer who was never caught. A killer who after thirty years is killing again.

And who is now aware of Delia's existence.

10 comments:

  1. I love the SF setting...and locomotive engines always fascinate me. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds so good, and I LOVE that cover!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover and the blurb on this one! It definitely sounds like something I need to read and I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good one! I haven't heard of it before so thanks for mentioning it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one awhile ago and really enjoyed it. I hope you do too! Thank you for sharing. :-) Have a great weekend, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not usually into historical books, but this got my attention. Love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the cover, and the setting, and the locomotives. Sounds wonderful. Thanks for sharing and for the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that cover! Thanks for sharing, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!