Friday, June 30, 2017

Friday Memes: A Panicked Premonition by Victoria Laurie

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Hovering over the counter, I tried to explain.
Friday 56 (from 56% of the eARC):
"Spill it," she said, her hand finding her hip.

"It's just ... this guy, he kinds of plays the field. I'm sensing he's got a bit of a wandering eye."
This week I am reading A Panicked Premonition by Victoria Laurie. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
The New York Times bestselling Psychic Eye Mystery series continues with P.I. Abby Cooper facing the ultimate locked room murder...
Professional psychic and FBI consultant Abby Cooper has used her inner visions to get her out of many a scrape—and solve many a crime—but she’s about to face a murder scene that will put all her powers to the test. Abby’s husband Dutch has a side business providing security and building panic rooms for wealthy clients. One morning, one of Dutch’s partners, Dave, goes missing on his way to meet a client. Abby’s intuition tells her something terrible has happened to him.

Then two of Dutch’s clients are found brutally murdered...inside their brand new panic room, and most of the evidence points to Dave as the killer.  With the authorities racing to find and arrest him, Abby's got to use all her intuitive prowess to get to Dave first, discover the real killer, and save her husband's business. This is one case where Abby is positive there’s far more to this mystery than meets her inner eye…

11 comments:

  1. Abby seems to be an interesting character, Kathy :) Are you enjoying the book?

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier,
    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a story that sets up a character we believe in...and then we can watch the other characters scrambling to prove his innocence.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “ANY DAY NOW”

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a good cozy and I'm all about good cozies! Thanks for the teasers:) and for visiting my Friday meme earlier

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this series! Thanks for sharing and visiting my blog! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wanting to read this series. I am a big fan of paranormal cozies. I love the teaser you shared. I want to know more! Thank you for sharing, Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy,

    At 15 books in, I think that this is one series I am going to struggle to get up to date with and therefore one I should probably pass on.

    Although I am sensing from your review, that the books work okay as stand alones, I also don't read a great many books with paranormal theming, especially as this one involves panic rooms and I am quite a claustrophobic person!

    However I do like the cover art for the book and I am pleased that you shared your lines this week :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like another fun cozy series. I do love the cozies!

    My 56 from Behold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya! Sounds like a great mystery. The cover has been nicely done, too!

    Hi there

    Here's my entry for #Friday56 and #Bookbeginnings : http://bit.ly/2tusEQ5

    Have an ab fab weekend!

    Luv from Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this series though am pretty far behind! This one looks like lots of fun! Thanks for the reminder to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me curious for more. It sounds like a fun read! Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!