Monday, June 19, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (June 19, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading... 

I've been in my new home for one week now and am not surrounded by quite as many boxes. The shelves in my library are full and books from Nora Roberts to Mark Richard Zubro are still to be unpacked onto the shelves in my guest bedroom.

My brother and I also spent a day changing things at the bank and getting new driver's licenses with our correct address. The bank was rather complicated because we wanted to remove my mother's name from our joint account. She passed away in 2006 and we had never gotten around to changing it. We needed to find her death certificate which we thought was in the safe deposit box but were mistaken. We also had to change the safe deposit box because it was still in our parents' names on their electronic records despite the fact the my brother and on were on the access agreement. That took a surprisingly long time and was something new for our young personal banker who had to call for help.

Once the safe deposit box issue was solved, we accessed it and took everything home except for our parents' death certificates which we had found at home. We are going to sort through and see what we really need to keep. I doubt we still need to save our dad's discharge papers from the army from 1946. I haven't been able to locate my birth certificate anywhere which I was hoping was in the safe deposit box. We did find three of them for my brother though.

I've had two showings of my house so far. One decided it wasn't for them but the other is interested. This week we will see workman at our other house to make the basement repairs. We want to list that one for sale by July 1.

This retirement thing is busier than I expected or hoped but it should all settle down once we manage to sell our two extra houses. Having the boxes unpacked will help too.

Read Last Week
Links go to Amazon:
Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce (YA)
UNSUB by Meg Gardiner (June 27)
City of Angels by Kristi Belcamino (YA)
The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman

Currently
From my TBR mountain: Sky Dragons by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey
From my review pile: The Waking Land by Callie Bates (June 27)

Next Week
From TBR Mountain:
From my review stack:
Reviews Posted

Links go to my reviews.
Delia's Shadow by Jaime Lynn Moyer
Indigo by Charlaine Harris et al.
The Last Place You Look by Kristen Lepionka
Battle Magic by Tamora Pierce
Ticker by Lisa Mantchev
More of Me by Kathryn Evans

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
Two free Kindle books:
Two for review from NetGalley:
What was your week like?

21 comments:

  1. I do hope the sale of your property happens sooner rather than later. I am in the middle of trying to sell an agricultural property myself and am finding it very trying!!! so many come and look, seem interested and it drifts away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything gets settled quickly with your move and sale! Great reading list you've been working on. I LOVED Ticker when I read it quite some time ago, and would be interested in more from that author. Here's my reading list: http://bit.ly/2srQ85Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, you have some good looking covers here. Ho'omaka'i on your new digs and neat that you and your brother are sharing a house. So much to take care of with your move and congrats on retirement. I hope this phase of your life will be adventurous and a journey of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not adding anything to my reading stacks at the moment!! Don't know if that's good or bad, just the best way for me to cope at the moment!

    I also haven't read A wrinkle in time yet... Hope to still get to it one day.

    Delia's shadow seems like my kind of read! Thanks for sharing and hope you will have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your reading is really coming along well this summer despite all the moving related activities you have to undergo. I've never read a single Tamora Pierce book, and I'd like to, based on all the people who love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moving can be complicated, but especially when you are consolidating from two (or three?) other houses. LOL.

    Good luck with it all.

    I also got Stillhouse Lake. I am tempted by The Last Place You Look.

    Enjoy...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  7. City of Angels and Unsub look interesting! Will be looking them up! Sounds like you had a good week! Here's to another one!

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - http://www.amysbookishlife.co.uk/2017/06/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do sound busy! Good luck with all the unpacking and selling and everything! I liked The Invisible Library but haven't read the enxt two yet. And Stillhouse Lake- I just love that atmospheric cover!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are busy, but that's good.

    ENJOY your new home and retirement. It won't hit you until it's time to go back for the fall start.

    Have a great reading week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been meaning to read the A Wrinkle in Time graphic novel for a while. It's one of my favorite stories ever.

    Good luck with getting everything settled in your new place!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOoh nice! Lots of new to me ones! Except for Stillhouse Lake which I've read and enjoyed! Hope you enjoy all the reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just an FYI, your dad's discharge papers might be useful. I didn't know this, but I could qualify for insurance/bank accounts through USAA, just by proving that he served in the military, through (you guessed it...)DISCHARGE papers! Might be worth hanging on to, you never know if you might need them someday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your new home. I have the Hypnotists on my TBR but it's currently in storage. Thanks for stopping by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your new home. I have Stillhouse Lake and it looks really good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad you are doing well with the unpacking. Good luck with getting your house sold.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to see you're settling in. And that you're keeping busy as you start your retirement. I've been seeing The Waking Land on a few blogs. Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a busy week you had, Kathy. Glad to hear everything went as you expected. Good luck with unpacking and enjoy your books. Have a wonderful week, Kathy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad there are less boxes. Banking issues never seem to be easy. Hope the sale of your home happens quickly. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my, you and your brother have been busy. You post reminded me that we should get our paperwork more organized for our kids. Good luck getting all settled in and I hope you are taking time to relax and read. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Once the house sells, I bet you'll begin to see a bit of slow down. Glad you resolved the bank issues. Some GREAT looking books there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for unpacking! I hope you manage to sell your properties soon.

    I'm glad you enjoyed Battle Magic - I need to make an effort to acquire and read it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!