Friday, June 23, 2017

Friday Memes: Sky Dragons by Anne McCaffrey

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
This was not how it happened.
Friday 56:
"Lead on, green rider!" J'keren said with a mock bow.

"Did you bring any klah bark?" K'dan asked. "I'm pretty certain we're almost out."
I just have a couple more of McCaffrey's Pern novels to read before I have finally finished a series I started reading in 1968. This week I'm reading Sky Dragons by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. Here is the description from Amazon:
Scores of dragons are dead after plague swept across the world of Pern, and now the Weyrs are struggling to rebuild before Threadfall destroys everything—and everyone—left alive. Their best hope lies with a group of new dragonriders who have volunteered to brave the dangers of an unexplored island populated by vicious wild felines and voracious tunnel-snakes to create a safe home for their young dragons, whose offspring will hopefully replenish Pern’s decimated population. But their leader, Xhinna, the first female rider of a blue dragon, faces an uphill battle to win the respect of her peers, especially after tragedy leaves the new colony reeling. The way forward seems to lie with the awesome ability of the dragons to travel through time. But that power comes with risks: By venturing into the past, Xhinna may jeopardize the very future she has sworn to save.

10 comments:

  1. Very impressive that you've stayed with a series over two centuries, lol. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my usual read, but I am definitely impressed at how you've hung in with the series so long. I've done that with Sue Grafton's Alphabet Series.

    Here's mine: “THE SUNSHINE SISTERS”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Somehow I've never read this author, but someday I need to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to give the Pern novels a try! This one sounds really good, Kathy. Thank you for sharing. I love stories about dragons. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never read this author but heard many good things. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing the series!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. I have a few series where I read the latest as it comes out. But somehow that is not as impressive as how long you have stuck with the one. Glad you've enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read the Pern books but have always been interested, mainly becasue the world looks interesting and of course dragons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need more I think... Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!