Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: Bad Housekeeping by Maia Chance

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser (from 10% in the eARC):
"Me and my great-aunt?" Oh. My. Gosh. Was this a nightmare? I knew it wasn't healthful watching that Alfred Hitchcock marathon.
This week I am reading Bad Housekeeping by Maia Chance. I got this eARC from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
When 28-year-old Agnes Blythe, the contented bifocals-wearing half of an academic power couple, is jilted by her professor boyfriend for the town Pilates instructor, her future is suddenly less than certain. So when her glamorous, eccentric Great Aunt Effie arrives in town and offers a job helping to salvage the condemned Stagecoach Inn, what does Agnes have to lose? But work at the inn has barely begun when the unlikely duo find the body of manipulative Kathleen Todd, with whom Agnes and Effie both have recently had words. Words strong enough to land them at the top of the suspect list.

The pair have clearly been framed, but no one else seems interested in finding the real murderer and Agnes and Effie's sleuthing expertise is not exactly slick. Nevertheless, they're soon investigating a suspect list with laundry dirtier than a middle school soccer team's and navigating threats, car chases, shotgun blasts, and awkward strolls down memory lane.

In Bad Housekeeping, the first novel in the Agnes & Effie cozy mystery series by Maia Chance, danger mounts, deadlines loom, ancient knob-and-tube wiring is explored, and the ladies learn a thing or two about the awful, wonderful mistake that is going back home.

6 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this one, and it is bookmarked for me on Amazon. Thanks for sharing! Here's mine: “SYCAMORE”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good teaser! I just finished this one. I enjoyed it. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds a hoot. Many thanks for sharing and I hope you're enjoying it. Thank you for swinging by earlier:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun teaser. And that title grabs ya. I do love my cozies:)

    My TT from Of Beast And Beauty

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!