Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Teaser Tuesday: The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by The Purple Booker. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser (from 10% in the ebook):
"Or?"

Kai glanced at her icily. "The 'or' would have been bad news for me."
This week I am reading The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman. This one has been on my Kindle since Nov. 9, 2016. Here is the description from Amazon:
Collecting books can be a dangerous prospect in this fun, time-traveling, fantasy adventure from a spectacular debut author.

One thing any Librarian will tell you: the truth is much stranger than fiction...

Irene is a professional spy for the mysterious Library, a shadowy organization that collects important works of fiction from all of the different realities. Most recently, she and her enigmatic assistant Kai have been sent to an alternative London. Their mission: Retrieve a particularly dangerous book. The problem: By the time they arrive, it's already been stolen.

London's underground factions are prepared to fight to the death to find the tome before Irene and Kai do, a problem compounded by the fact that this world is chaos-infested—the laws of nature bent to allow supernatural creatures and unpredictable magic to run rampant. To make matters worse, Kai is hiding something—secrets that could be just as volatile as the chaos-filled world itself.

Now Irene is caught in a puzzling web of deadly danger, conflicting clues, and sinister secret societies. And failure is not an option—because it isn’t just Irene’s reputation at stake, it’s the nature of reality itself...

8 comments:

  1. A bit confusing for me. Thanks for the update though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds very interesting. I like mystery and danger.
    sherry @ fundinmental My TT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything about books or libraries. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE SUMMER HOUSE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the next book on my TBR list, other than the Netgalley arcs I have lined up, so I am glad that you are enjoying it so much. Thank you for sharing! My military sci fi adventure - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/teaser-tuesday-20th-june-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another one languishing on my Kindle. So many books.....

    My TT from One Tequila

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one certainly has me intrigued! Thank you for sharing!
    My teaser is from Dreaming at Seaside by Addison Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look forward to your thoughts on this book.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!