Tuesday, December 12, 2017

First Paragraph/Teaser Tuesday: Killman Creek by Rachel Caine

Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea posts the first paragraph of a book she is reading or planning to read. She provides a linky for others to post theirs.

Here's mine:
On the twelfth night since my ex-husband escaped prison, I am in bed. Not sleeping. Watching the play of light and shadow on the curtains. I'm lying on a narrow foldout cot and feeling every twinge of spring poking through the thin mattress. My kids, Lanny and Connor, occupy the two full-size beds in this mid-price motel room. Midpriced is the best I can afford right now. 
 
Link up here. It is very easy to play along:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.
Here's mine:
"I'll call tonight," she tells me, and I shrug, like it's no big deal if she doesn't. Except it is. We both know it. 
This week my book is Killman Creek by Rachel Caine. I got this one for review from NetGalley. Here is the description from Amazon:
Every time Gwen closed her eyes, she saw him in her nightmares. Now her eyes are open, and he’s not going away.

Gwen Proctor won the battle to save her kids from her ex-husband, serial killer Melvin Royal, and his league of psychotic accomplices. But the war isn’t over. Not since Melvin broke out of prison. Not since she received a chilling text…

You’re not safe anywhere now.

Her refuge at Stillhouse Lake has become a trap. Gwen leaves her children in the protective custody of a fortified, well-armed neighbor. Now, with the help of Sam Cade, brother of one of Melvin’s victims, Gwen is going hunting. She’s learned how from one of the sickest killers alive.

But what she’s up against is beyond anything she feared—a sophisticated and savage mind game calculated to destroy her. As trust beyond her small circle of friends begins to vanish, Gwen has only fury and vengeance to believe in as she closes in on her prey. And sure as the night, one of them will die.

9 comments:

  1. I can't wait to start this series. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very intense read. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's scary! I kind-of like those mind-game stories, especially if it turns out okay in the end. I may give it a try, if you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite a thriller. Hope you're enjoying it! My Teaser is from a humorous cozy by Angie Fox.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds intriguing - I've got Stillhouse Lake on my TBR pile still waiting to be read. I hope you're enjoying it. My TT this week is about aliens - https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/teaser-tuesday-12th-december-2017/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really looks good. I have Stillhouse Lake on my Kindle. It looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it could be suspenseful. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to this series from Caine. Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!