Friday, December 29, 2017

Friday Memes: Dragon Blood by Eileen Wilks

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Letter from Lily Yu

It had all started on a fairly normal day. Normal, that is, if your husband is a werewolf and the two of you are hanging out with your brother-in-law -- also a werewolf and maybe the deadliest man in the world -- and your best friends, who include a sorcerer, a Rhej, and a part-sidhe computer geek.
Friday 56:
What did you tell her? Rule asked.

Night had fallen. A single mage light hovered up near the ceiling of the cell, courtesy of their jailers. A lot of people here had enough of a Gift to float a mage light or two. Lily and Cynna sat on one of the blankets, huddled up so close an observer could have been forgiven for thinking they were lovers. "I said I required proof of her intentions, and that returning my weapons and ammo would make fairly solid proof."

Cynna snorted. "Like that's gonna happen."
This week I am reading Dragon Blood by Eileen Wilks. This review book came from NetGalley. I have been reading the series since 2004. Here is the description from Amazon:
The battle against a vengeful goddess reaches a climactic point as Lily Yu must now face the ultimate challenge in a dangerous new realm—without her husband, Rule …

When a mission to rescue five children stolen by an Old One falls apart under the assault of a demon prince, Lily wakes up in a strange reality—and is immediately taken captive by the dragon spawn who rule there. Jumping worlds has fractured her party, and Cynna is her only companion.

Although the clock is ticking, time works differently, and Lily has miraculously gained a week. That means seven days to free herself, find Rule and the others, rescue the children, and make it home alive. All before the dragon spawn holding her hostage trade her to the Old One. It would almost be doable if this weren’t Lóng Jia—also known as Dragonhome: the birthplace of dragons.

9 comments:

  1. lol Normal if your husband is a werewolf!

    Oh I'm already hooked. Thanks for sharing, Kathy.

    Have a happy NEW YEAR and a great time New Year's Eve! :) Best wishes for 2018!

    Here's my choice for this week: http://bit.ly/2EbSyv5
    Luv Sassy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not my cup of tea...lol, but it does sound intense! Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like she has a lot on her plate. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing! I need to check this series out. Thanks for sharing! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are enjoying your book.

    Not something I read, but thanks for sharing.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I met that part-Sidhe computer geek somewhere...

    Sounds like fun. Enjoy & Happy New Year.

    Reese

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just your normal group of friends. LOL Excellent cover for this one and it sounds perfect for me!

    My Friday 56 from Not A Creature Was Purring

    ReplyDelete
  8. You captured me with that beginning!! Wishing you the best for 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard good things about this series - I'm going to have to try it! :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!