Friday, December 15, 2017

Friday Memes: Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
I'd fallen asleep cuddled between two of the men I loved most, with one arm flung across their naked bodies so I could touch the third.
Friday 56:
"There's no way to win with you, is there?" I asked.


"I'm not a game to win, Anita. I'm a person with a heart and right now you're breaking it."
This week I am reading Crimson Death by Laurell K. Hamilton. I bought this one when it was released but it sort of got lost on my Kindle. Here is the description from Amazon:
In her twenty-fifth adventure, vampire hunter and necromancer Anita Blake learns that evil is in the eye of the beholder...
 
Anita has never seen Damian, her vampire servant, in such a state. The rising sun doesn’t usher in the peaceful death that he desperately needs. Instead, he’s being bombarded with violent nightmares and blood sweats. 

And now, with Damian at his most vulnerable, Anita needs him the most. The vampire who created him, who subjected him to centuries of torture, might be losing control, allowing rogue vampires to run wild and break one of their kind’s few strict taboos.

Some say love is a great motivator, but hatred gets the job done, too. And when Anita joins forces with her friend Edward to stop the carnage, Damian will be at their side, even if it means traveling back to the land where all his nightmares spring from...a place that couldn’t be less welcoming to a vampire, an assassin, and a necromancer: Ireland.

15 comments:

  1. Hmm, I thought it sounded good...and then "vampires" showed up. LOL. Not a fan, but I hope you enjoy it.

    Here's mine: “SNAP JUDGMENT”

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the Sherlock Holmes series? (or am I confused with someone else?) It does sound good but I am not a fan of vampires either but it sounds good so maybe I will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read the others in the series? Does this one stand alone?

    The first sentence is definitely an eye opener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shooooo.... That opening line is sure going to keep people reading!!!

    Not a vampire fan also, but glad you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds a bit sexy!!

    Vampires don't attract me, though. :)

    Thanks for sharing and for coming by my blog.

    How is your retirement? I am sure you are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not much of a vampire person either, but I'm curious, too: how is this series? It does have a good opener.

    Hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard of this books before and it seems interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What an opener! Hope you enjoy! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can relate to books getting lost on my Kindle. I'm often surprised that I already "own" a book I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy,

    My Kindle seems to have become a landing place for my second TBR mountain and I am just waiting for the message to appear telling me that it has run out of space, then it will definitely be game over!

    This probably never was ging to be one for my own wish list, but when I caught your review on Goodreads and noticed that the book was a mere 700 pages long, its fate had definitely been sealed at that point!

    On checking out the series at..

    https://www.fantasticfiction.com/h/laurell-k-hamilton/

    ..I couldn't say that I was overstruck on the choice of cover art either. It would have been much better if the covers had had some kind of similarity to mark them as a series, rather than the quite random selection on display, especially the later stories, including this one, where the title and author names really dominate and rather overpower the cover art.

    Anyway, so long as you enjoyed it, that's all that matters and thanks for sharing :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. That beginning is certainly racy! This one sounds like it is going to be a fun book. I hope that you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've heard amazing things about the series but have never read it. That's quite a beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 25! I've got some serious catching up to do! LOL So it hasn't gone downhill then? :) Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Menage a trois?! Wowsers!!! :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!