Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Memes: The House on Tradd Street by Karen White

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is now hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
Pewter reflections of scarlet hibiscus colored the dirt-smudged windows of the old house, like happy memories of youth trapped inside the shell of an old man.
Friday 56:
I gave her a look that any normal person would have taken to mean "back off" but which Sophie completely ignored. As Jack approached her, she stuck out her hand. "Dr. Sophie Wallen. Pleased to meet you..."
This week I chose The House on Tradd Street by Karen White from my TBR mountain. Here is the description from Amazon:
The brilliant, chilling debut of Karen White's New York Times bestselling Tradd Street series, featuring a Charleston real estate agent who loves old houses—and the secret histories inside them.

Practical Melanie Middleton hates to admit she can see ghosts. But she's going to have to accept it. An old man she recently met has died, leaving her his historic Tradd Street home, complete with housekeeper, dog—and a family of ghosts anxious to tell her their secrets.

Enter Jack Trenholm, a gorgeous writer obsessed with unsolved mysteries. He has reason to believe that diamonds from the Confederate Treasury are hidden in the house. So he turns the charm on with Melanie, only to discover he's the smitten one...

It turns out Jack's search has caught the attention of a malevolent ghost. Now, Jack and Melanie must unravel a mystery of passion, heartbreak—and even murder.

13 comments:

  1. I loved this series! I became hooked on the author through these books. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THESE VIOLENT DELIGHTS”

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book--and have been meaning to read it forever. Thanks for reminding me about it. Happy reading and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! I love reading about old houses with secrets and ghosts! Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good mystery novel. I like the beginning. Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am up for some secret histories. This must be a fun book. My Friday Quotes Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds great. I love the malevolent ghost aspect of it. :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard great things about her books but haven't read any. This might be a good place to start!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does sound like it could be a fun series

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the sound of that with secret histories. :)

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like a good fit for me. Thanks for introducing it to me and for visiting my post. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, ghosts. I'm very much intrigued. Hope you enjoy the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy,

    I'm not certain whether the premise of this one really appeals to me or not, however I do like the cover art and the writing style highlighted in your shared extracts.

    I have often been told that my facial expressions give the game away about what I am thinking, in spite of the words which I may actually speak. It is definitely a case of ignore the signs at your peril!

    Thanks for sharing and I wish you and yours a Very Happy Christmas :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen one. Have you? Whether ghosts exist, I'm too afraid to say. I don't want to upset them. I've seen this title somewhere. Will write it down. Would like to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!