Monday, December 25, 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 25, 2017)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup. YA and middle grade reviews will still be posted on  Ms. Martin Teaches Media - my other blog.

Other Than Reading...

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate! Celebrating or not, I hope your day is filled with love, laughter, and delicious treats.

I am cautiously optimistic about having finally sold my townhouse. I received an offer this week, counter-offered and had it accepted. Because the buyer is in the middle of a divorce, the closing date is a long way out. I'm looking at on or before March 26 before I can say goodbye to a townhouse I moved out of in early June. I am only cautiously optimistic because I have gotten to this stage twice before with the townhouse only to have the buyers back out - one of them two days before the closing.

As I am writing this on Saturday morning, a light snow is falling at my house. It is predicted that the temperatures will also be falling. A high of -9 is predicted for Christmas Day.

On my agenda today is laundry and making my first attempt at creating a French Silk pie. My brother always requested that I bring one home from Baker's Square when I came to Duluth for holidays. Lacking a Baker's Square in Duluth, I found a recipe. Wish me luck!

Read Last Week
  • Cast in Deception by Michelle Sagara - latest episode in the Chronicles of Elantra. My review will be posted on Jan. 17.
  • Final Girls by Riley Sager - great thriller being released in paperback on Jan. 23. My review will be posted on Jan. 18.
  • Baby, I'm Howling for You by Christine Warren - engaging paranormal romantic suspense in a new series. My review will be posted on 24.
Heat by Donna Grant - DNF; I enjoyed the prologue but the story threw in too many characters and relationships for a new reader to hop into this series at book 12.
  • Magic in the Moonlight by Ellen Schreiber - a so-so YA paranormal romance that is the middle book in the trilogy. My review will be posted on Jan. 17.
  • The Last Girl on Earth by Alexandra Blogier -- YA science fiction that apparently begins a series. Nice characters, interesting world building. My review will be posted on Jan. 19.

Currently
Final Siege by Scarlett Cole is my last January release. So far I am enjoying this romantic suspense story. Release date is Jan. 30.

Next Week

Christmas Day
Lake Silence by Anne Bishop - I know this won't be released until March 6 and I have 21 February releases I should read first but I CAN'T WAIT!

Adult books (some of the February 6 releases)
Young Adult Books (Most also being released on Feb. 6)
Reviews Posted

On Inside of a Dog:
The End of All Things by John Scalzi
Now That You Mention It by Kristan Higgins

On Ms. Martin Teaches Media:
Sweet Shadows by Tera Lynn Childs
Firebrand by A. J. Hartley

Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Bought
  • Full Moon Kisses by Ellen Schreiber (3rd in trilogy)
  • Boneshaker by Cherie Priest (Kindle copy of book on TBR mountain because I prefer reading books on my Kindle these days)
  • The Blood Prince Series by Jennifer Blackstream (not free but $.99 for 3 novels is almost free)
Free
  • Strangehold by Rene Sears
  • Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (I've already read the hardcover and donated it. This is a Kindle copy.)
Review
The Plastic Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg - 4th in Paper Magician series; release date May 15

What was your week like?


9 comments:

  1. OOh nice! I need to get caught up with Anne's and Christine's books! So behind! Hope you enjoy the reads for this week!

    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed that this is the offer that sticks. Happy holidays. Hard to believe it's the last link up of the year. Come see what I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list of books! Enjoy and good luck with the sale on your townhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! I hope the townhouse finally closes this time. I know what it's like to be disappointed by buyers.

    I am eagerly hoping to get my hands on Look for Me. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think all those books are new to me except for the Higgins book. I hope you had a good holiday. Merry Christmas! Girl Who Reads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the sale! Hope it goes through. And hope you had a nice Christmas too. :)

    The LAst Girl on Earth looks good, and I'm eagerly awaiting This Fallen PRey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending good thoughts your way that the townhouse sale goes through. Look For Me and Fallen Prey are both on my list for 2018 must buys! Hope the pie turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I hope you enjoyed Cast in Deception, because wow, did I love it! And lucky on Lake Silence! I sometimes read ArC's way early, because it seems like that's the only way to read them before their publication date, otherwise, I read them after they're published, and that halfway defeats the point, right? Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!