Friday, July 21, 2023

Friday Memes: Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie

Happy Friday everybody!
Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderThe Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's Voice. Check out the links above for the rules and for the posts of the participants each week. Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Beginning:
When Tess Newhart threw open her apartment door, Nick Jamieson was standing there -- tall, dark, successful, and suspiciously happy to see her, his pleasantly blunt face a nice human contrast to his perfectly tailored suit. She stared at him warily, fighting down the ridiculous jolt of relief, happiness, and lust that welled up in her just because he was back. 
Friday 56:
"You have white suede couches," Tess said and closed her eyes. "Do you live here? Does anyone live here?"

"Don't you like it?"

"It's incredible. But I am definitely going to get it dirty."
This week I am spotlighting Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie. I got this book as part of a Jennifer Crusie bundle for my Kindle on August 11. 2009. It has been lurking on my Kindle since then waiting until I wanted to read a feel-good romance. Here is the description from Amazon:
Tess Newhart knows her ex-boyfriend Nick Jamieson isn't the right guy for her. He's caviar and champagne; she's take-out Chinese pot stickers. He's an uptight Republican lawyer; she was raised in a commune. He wants to get ahead in business; she just wants…him. But there's no way Tess will play second fiddle to his job.

Yet somehow she finds herself agreeing to play his fiancée on a weekend business trip that could make or break Nick's career. And while he's trying to convince Tess that he needs her in his respectable world, Tess is doing her best to keep her opinions to herself and her hands off Nick.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Sounds like a recipe for catastrophe. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see no way their plan could possibly go wrong! LOL Hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!