Monday, July 17, 2023

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (July 17, 2023)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

I made good use of the All-Star Break to get ahead on my reading. The weather was mostly nice. The Air Show was in town and apparently our house was on their flight path since it got quite loud here periodically. Low cloud cover meant the planes were flying pretty low too. 

I found myself taking part in the Big Books of Summer inadvertently again this week. Beneath Dark Waters by Karen Rose which was next up on my review stack ended up having 592 pages. Luckily it was an entertaining story with lots of plot threads to hold my interest. 

I also enjoyed all of the Cash Blackbear historical mysteries this week. I have them on Kindle and audiobooks and listened to them all. All in all, I listened to 5 audiobooks last week. Picking the short ones on my stack lets me listen to a lot of books. 

Next week is mostly wide open too. I do have a hearing test on Thursday which will mean driving and parking downtown but shouldn't otherwise be too inconvenient. I don't think my hearing is bad enough yet that I'll need hearing aids. However, since my dad's family all had bad hearing, I can see that in my future. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • The Templar Legacy by Steve Berry (Mine since October 7, 2009) -- Entertaining thriller with retired spy getting back in the business to help track down the Templar's lost treasure. My review will be posted on July 29.
  • North of Nowhere by Allison Brennan (Review; August 8) -- Excellent thriller set during a Montana blizzard. My review will be posted on August 1.
  • The Sorcery Trial by J. A. Armitage and Claire Luana (Audiobook; Mine since February 5, 2021) -- Entertaining fantasy coming of age story with lots of action and adventure. My review will be posted on August 3.
  • The Ghost Fields by Elly Griffiths (Mine) -- 7th in the Ruth Galloway series begins with a body found in a buried WWII airplane. My review will be posted on August 2.
  • The Blonde Identity by Ally Carter (Review; August 8) -- Humorous romantic suspense about a woman with amnesia and the spy who is trying to keep her alive. My review will be posted on August 3.
  • Murder on the Red River (Mine; Audible Plus) -- Historical mystery introduces 19-year-old Cash Blackbear who works with her guardian Sheriff Wheaton to solve a mystery. Set in the Red River Valley. Excellent story. My review will be posted on August 5.
  • Girl Gone Missing by Marcie R. Rendon (Audiobook; Audible Plus) -- Second in the Cash Blackbear historical mystery series set in the Red River Valley. My review will be posted on August 22.
  • Sinister Graves by Marcie R. Rendon (Mine; Audiobook) -- Third Cash Blackbear historical mystery begins with a body left behind when flood waters recede. My review will be posted on September 11.
  • Kris Longknife: Unrelenting by Mike Shepherd (Mine since October 12, 2022) -- Space opera and 13th in a series that I am trying to finish. My review will be posted on August 8.
  • A Purple Place for Dying by John D. MacDonald (Audiobook; Audible Plus) -- Classis Travis McGee story which is a first listen of a book I read back in the 1970s. My review will be posted on August 10.
  • Beneath Dark Waters by Karen Rose (Review; August 15) -- Entertaining romantic suspense thriller set in New Orleans. My review will be posted on August 9.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm pretty sure I added at least 5 books to my TBR from this post alone. I really need Unleashed Holiday! Thanks for sharing all your great reads and I hope your test goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a ginormous list here, and there are quite a few I am adding to my TBR pile for sure. Beneath Dark Waters looks really good. I love a good suspense, and most thrillers. Thank you for coming by my blog, Kathy. Have a great week, happy reading ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome reads Kathy. Have only read Magic Tides and Claims. Loved them. Will check out a few others you recommended. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cat Cafe mystery series is on my list to read. I hope all goes well for you this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Honestly I'd only intended to read one big book this summer, but I've already read four! And 592 pages is a lot of pages. Maybe there should also be a Very Big Book category.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice! New to me ones here but I hope you will enjoy each and every one of them this week!



    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good air show. And The Blonde Identity sounds fun ( a play opn the Bourne Identity I'm assuming).

    The John MacDonald looks interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all those cozies on your list. They look good. I have a few on my TBR. The Karen Rose book looks good, too. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I picked up Murder on the Red River on Kindle today. Sounds like the start of a promising series!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you "inadvertently" read big books. I am also so impressed with how much reading you do.

    Lessons in Chemistry is in my TBR pile. Lots of people recommend it.

    Hope you have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with Deb's comment that there should be a Very Big Books category! I really need to get back to the Elizabeth Peters books on audio, but I just started a "Very Long Audiobook" -- Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a little behind on comments, but sounds like this was a decent week for reading! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!