Monday, August 5, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 5, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

This was a hot week filled with reading, listening, watching the Olympics and watching baseball. Oh, and a little celebrating since I turned 74 last Friday. It is hard to think that the summer is rushing to an end now that it is August. Summer, with its hot weather and long days, is my favorite season. 

My brother is on vacation this week which means we've planned to go out to eat a few times. Other than that, nothing is on the calendar. I'm in a review book gap this week and planning to read some new additions to TBR mountain and some that have been on the pile for years and years. I have the Kindle copy of The Spellshop by Sarah Beth Durst but have 5 Audible credits and may get the audiobook instead when I get to that one.

I preordered Storm Furies by Wen Spencer in May. It will arrive on my Kindle Tuesday. This is the sixth book in the Tinker series, and I may drop everything and read it when it arrives. I support Wen Spencer on Patreon and have been seeing her writing progress and problems for months and months. I'm looking forward to the final product. 

July Reading

I read 41 books in July for a total of 13, 969 pages. Eighteen of the books I read were audiobooks for a total of 192.88 hours. I also read 15 Review books. Of the 26 books that were mine, thirteen were rereads. Also 13 books were from my TBR stack.
I added 35 books to my LibraryThing account in July including eleven review books. Eight of my new books were from BookBub including three free books. Thirty of the new additions are still marked TBR. I didn't add any audiobooks this month.

I prepared my July State of the Stack post this week. It helps me keep on track with the review books I get and read. 

Read Last Week
  • Unleashed by David Rosenfelt (Mine since November 2, 2022) -- Eleventh Andy Carpenter mystery features Andy's accountant Sam who is accused of murdering a high school rival. My review will be posted on August 21.
  • Arrow's Fall by Mercedes Lackey (Chirp Audiobook; Mine since April 23, 2022) -- Finale of the Heralds of Valdmar trilogy. My review will be posted on September 3.
  • Fortune and Glory by Janet Evanovich (Mine since September 30, 2021) -- 27th Stephanie Plum humorous mystery. My review will be posted on August 24.
  • One Hit Wonder by Kristi Rose (Chirp Audiobook; Mine since May 3, 2022) -- First Samantha True cozy mystery. She's dyslexic and studying to be a crime scene photographer. My review will be posted on September 5.
  • Bloody Mary by J. A. Konrath (Mine since January 2, 2016) -- Second Jack Daniels mystery pits Jack against a serial killer. My review will be posted on August 22.
  • Moving Is Murder by Sara Rosett (Mine since June 10, 2021) -- First Ellie Avery cozy mystery pits this professional organizer and military wife against the killers who murdered the woman who first welcomed her to her new town. My review will be posted on August 27.
  • Passions in Death by J. D. Robb (Review; September 3) -- Another excellent Eve Dallas mystery. My review will be posted on August 28.
  • The Reaping by Jess Lourey (Review; September 3) -- Creepy thriller set near my hometown. My review will be posted on August 29.
  • French Quarter Fright Night by Ellen Byron (Review; September 3) -- Third in the Vintage Cookbook Mysteries. Set in New Orleans at Halloween. My review will be posted on August 29.
DNF
  • Red River Road by Anna Downes (Review; August 27) -- This one was too scary for me. 
Currently
Next Week
  • Tell No Lies by Allison Brennan (Mine since May 24)
  • True Colors by Jayne Ann Krentz (Chirp Audiobook; Mine since October 31, 2021)
  • The Spellshop by Sarah Beth Durst (Mine since July 16)
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:
What was your week like?

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kathy! I hope you have a wonderful birthday week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! You had a great month of reading in July. I hope August is a good one too. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Kathy! Hope you had a fabulous day. You've accomplished a lot reading and looks like many wonderful books. Enjoy the ones you're reading this week. Thanks for sharing and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day!! Our weather has been abysmally hot as well, but I am not enjoying it whatsoever! Lol. It's too hot and too humid and it's just miserable being outside for longer than 10 seconds! Lol.

    Nice line up of reads! Lots of new to me ones! I did read Rardin's series years ago! I did enjoy it but it's been so long I can't really remember much about it! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love all the titles of the S/F books you're reading next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Kathy! You had a fantastic July!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! Enjoy your dinners out, and all those books. You're doing great on your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! The cover for Unhallowed Halls looks interesting. I will have to check the book out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!!

    You have too many books that look good on here! French Quarter Fright Night and One Hit Wonder stand out to me in particular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday! I was lucky to get an audio ARC for the Spellshop, and it was pretty good, though reading it any way would be good because it was a great read! I hope you enjoy Sanctuary and The Grandest Game! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!