Friday, August 9, 2024

Friday Memes: The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman

 Happy Friday!


Book Beginnings is hosted by Gillion at Rose City Reader. She asks that the first sentence is posted along with the author and title of the book and the reader's initial thoughts on the sentence, the book, or anything else it inspires. 
Carrie at Reading Is My Superpower.org also provides a linky for sharing first lines and connecting with others. This meme asks that the chosen books be PG or marked as Mature if they are not. 

The Friday 56 was hosted by Freda at Freda's Voice. This meme is currently on hiatus but many of us are still including a sentence from page 56 or from 56% of the ebook. Anne @ Head Full of Books is picking up the slack until Freda is ready to return. I think this link will get you to the correct place

Beginning:
Bethany Waites understands there is no going back now. Time to be brave, and to see how this all plays out.

She weighs the bullet in her hand.
Friday 56:
"Viktor Illyich will kill you though," says the Viking. "He will find out where you live. I found out easily enough myself."

"I will take my changes," says Elizabeth.
This week I am spotlighting The Bullet That Missed by Richard Osman. It is the third in the Thursday Murder Club series. Here's the description from Amazon:
It is an ordinary Thursday, and things should finally be returning to normal. Except trouble is never far away where the Thursday Murder Club are concerned. A decade-old cold case—their favorite kind--leads them to a local news legend and a murder with no body and no answers.

Then a new foe pays Elizabeth a visit. Her mission? Kill or be killed. Suddenly the cold case has become red hot.

While Elizabeth wrestles with her conscience (and a gun), Joyce, Ron, and Ibrahim chase down the clues with help from old friends and new. But can the gang solve the mystery and save Elizabeth before the murderer strikes again?

From an upmarket spa to a prison cell complete with espresso machine to a luxury penthouse high in the sky, this third adventure of the Thursday Murder Club is full of the cleverness, intrigue, and irresistible charm that readers have come to expect from Richard Osman's bestselling series.


2 comments:

  1. I read the first book in this series and enjoyed it very much. Now to clear my reading schedule to make room for the sequels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book. I am hoping to read the next one soon!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/09/first-line-friday-death-on-the-nile-by-agatha-christie/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!