Monday, August 26, 2024

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (August 26, 2024)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.

It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Want to See What I Added to My Stack? links to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Marlene at Reading Reality.

Other Than Reading...

It was a quiet week with seasonable temperatures. We are on the northern edge of a heat wave for the next couple of days. We're only expecting high 80s. Our neighbors to the south could be looking at 100. I'm glad the air conditioning is working!

I listened to a lot of audiobooks this week while reading a very dense and somewhat confusing review copy. It went a lot faster after I decided to stop trying to remember who was on which side of the conflict that was central to the story.

There were lots of good book sales this week. Besides four new review copies including one I'd requested a couple of months ago, I got five new audiobooks including three from Chirp and an Audible Daily deal and six Kindle Daily Deals or BookBub deals. 

It is hard to believe that it is almost the end of August which means writing my State of the Stack post and closing out the books on my month's reading. I do hope to finish my remaining September review copies before I need to do those reports. 

I'm on tap to make dinner today. Spaghetti and meatballs was requested. I'm digging out my mom's old recipe from her Weight Watchers days which has become a family favorite. I should head to the grocery store but don't want to. The lettuce we have will make a good enough side salad even if we have run out of romaine. 

Read Last Week
  • The Vampire of Kings Street by Asha Greyling (Review; September 17) -- A book that tries to do a little too much. Historical Fantasy, Vampires, Mystery, Women's Rights. My review will be posted on September 12.
  • The Serial Killer Guide to San Francisco by Michelle Chouinard (Review; September 24) -- San Francisco tour guide wants to clear her convicted serial killer grandfather's name but finds herself involved in a couple of copycat murders. My review will be posted on September 17.
  • The Cold Light of Day by Anna Lee Huber (Review; September 24) -- Seventh Verity Kent historical mystery finds her and her husband in Dublin in 1920. Political chaos and war make it hard for her to find her friend and some missing gas canisters. My review will be posted on September 17)
  • Command Decision by Elizabeth Moon (Audiobook) -- Fourth in the Vatta's War series. My review will be posted on October 3)
  • Victory Conditions by Elizabeth Moon (Audiobook) -- Finale of the Vatta's War series. My review will be posted on October 10.
  • The Silent Girl by Tess Gerritsen (Audiobook) -- Ninth in the Rizzoli and Isles series. My review will be posted on September 24.
Currently
Next Week
Reviews Posted

All of these books are from my collections. 
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?

Review:
Bought:

Kindle:
Audiobooks:
What was your week like?

7 comments:

  1. You have read some tempting books. Enjoy the week ahead and stay cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! It can get hot where you are! I don't think I realized you sometimes experience heat waves.

    Enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great new stack Kathy! I hope that you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh nice! I can't wait to read Kelley Armstrong's newest supernatural thriller! It sounds right up my alley! Hope you enjoy your reads for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of reads. I’ve got a couple of them but I’m trying to catch up on books I’ve had for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it's time for early reviews but I just can't wrap my mind around Christmas books yet. I'm holding on to summer with everything I have! Spaghetti and meatballs sounds delicious. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!