Sunday, April 8, 2012

In My Mailbox (April 8, 2012)


The weekly In My Mailbox post is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren. It is fun to see what everyone else gets in their mailboxes, shopping bags, and library visits. Click on the link to The Story Siren's site to see the rules and join in the fun.
 
I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



I received a variety of titles this week ranging from nonfiction to fantasy that I pre-ordered quite a while ago. Here are the books:
I just read Beauty and the Werewolf by Mercedes Lackey.  When I checked my LibraryThing, I realized that I was missing one of the Elemental Masters books. I had a chance to get a used copy of Unnatural Issue by Mercedes Lackey at Amazon Marketplace which lets me complete the series (until something new comes out). It took over a year to get to Beauty and the Werewolf. I have no idea when I will get to Unnatural Issue but it will be here when I do find time.

Sharon Shinn has a new book out. She is an auto-buy author for me. The Shape of Desire is something new from her. I thought the blurb was intriguing.
Banner of the Damned by Sherwood Smith is another monster-sized, epic fantasy that is set in the world of her Inda series but takes place 400 years later. 

Werewolf in Seattle by Vicki Lewis Thompson is the next in the Wild About You series and features my favorite paranormal creatures - werewolves. I can't wait to read this one.
I added a couple of things to my Kindle this week too. I got What the Plus! Google+ for the Rest of Us by Guy Kawasaki. Who hasn't heard of Google+? But I really don't know a lot about it and thought this book would answer my questions.

Scholastic was also offering discussion guides for The Hunger Games Trilogy for free when I check the Kindle Store. One of the teachers at my high school is thinking about teaching this book with his sophomores and I thought this guide might be useful for him.

That is my mailbox for the week. What did you add to yours?


9 comments:

  1. I sooo need to start that Vicki Lewis Thompson series! It looks like fun! Happy Reading!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I've heard great things about Sherwood Smith! I should really pick one up.

    Great books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Werewolf in Seattle was fun and cute. I've got a small crush on Colin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh mercedes lackey and sharon shinn are such great authors! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I have Unnatural Issue on my TBR! I absolutely loved all the other Elemental Masters series, but I got this one for Christmas and still haven't got round to it. There's another due out in July I think, about Selkies with Nan and Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you got some great books this week!

    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you have a nice haul for this week! I too and a Sharon Shinn fan!

    Happy reading,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I need to check the Vicki lewis thompson series, it sounds like a book I could like. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy! I haven't heard of a few of these here, but I do hope you enjoy them! I think I'd like Banner of the Damned though, I just LOVE good fantasy stories! ;)

    You can see my IMM video and post for this week at the link below-- Happy Reading! :)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!