Sunday, April 29, 2012

Stacking the Shelves (April 30, 2012)





Tynga of Tynga's Reviews is starting a new meme to spotlight the books we receive each week. She explains at her site. She also does a very nice vlog each week showing her books (and hopefully her new baby).


Another option is Mailbox Monday which was originally started by Marcia at A Girl and Her Books. She hosted it for a long time but in April 2010 she decided to make it a traveling meme. You can see all the details here. You will also find a list of the 2012 hosts. 


Cindy from Cindy's Love of Books is hosting in April and Martha from Reviews by Martha's Bookshelf will be hosting in May.

I guarantee that your TBR pile will grow when you see all the wonderful books everyone gets. You will also discover lots of great blogs and lots of books that you won't be able to live without.



This is the first time I am participating in these memes. I look forward to getting to know some new blogs and to connect with some of my old blogging friends.


I added three books to my TBR mountain this week.
I received my finished, keeper copy of Crystal Gardens by Amanda Quick. I am a long time fan of this author and love her historical paranormal mysteries that are filled with quirky and entertaining characters. This one was a lot of fun to read. My review is here.

Evil Dark: An Occult Crime Unit Investigation by Justin Gustainis is the second book in the series that began with Hard Spell. I liked the combination of hard-boiled detective story with urban fantasy and look forward to seeing what the characters are up to in this case.

Summoning the Night by Jenn Bennett is the latest in an urban fantasy series that I haven't begun yet. I do have the previous book - Kindling the Moon - on my TBR mountain and hope to get a chance to read this series soon. I have read great reviews for Kindling the Moon.

That was my mailbox this week. What did you get in yours?



12 comments:

  1. I just realised you have 2 blogs, I'm new follower here as well. Happy reading :)
    http://booketta.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/imm-and-mm_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got Kindling the Moon on my Nook but I haven't read it yet so I'm waiting on adding the next book to my wishlist. Great list this week :) Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually seeing a lot of Summoning the Night today! A few people have gotten it as well. Going to have too read these reviews now!

    Here's my Stacking the Shelves

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved summoning the night, I hope it will be the same for you! Enjoy!

    here is mine

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I didn't realize you had two blogs either LOL I admit I think I clicked back and forth for a moment. Those are new to me titles and I hope you enjoy them. I am following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal Gardens sounds really good! I enjoyed your review. I like that it combines historical, paranormal and mystery in one story. :-)

    Enjoy your books!
    My Mailbox Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy all three of them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. New titles for me also, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/mailbox-monday_30.html

      Delete
  9. HI Kathy,

    Paranormal fiction is not one of my favourite genres, but I must admit that I quite like the sound of 'Crystal Gardens'. It doesn't sound as though it is anything too heavy going, so I could probably cope with it.

    I hope that you enjoy them all equally.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. These all look good! I really enjoy paranormal mysteries and urban fantasy. Especially with quirky characters! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice! I've seen Summoning the Night on a few blogs this past week, and I've added that series to my Wishlist :)

    I hope you enjoy all your new books, and thanks for stopping by my STS:

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/04/stacking-shelves-april-29-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!