Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WoW: The Witness by Nora Roberts


Waiting on Wednesday is a meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. She has a linky widget at her site each week for your post and to make it easy to find posts by other people.

The purpose of the meme is to spotlight books that we are eagerly anticipating. It is fun to take a look at what others are waiting for.

I have noticed that it has expanded my wishlist and TBR mountain though. Be warned!

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of The Witness by Nora Roberts. This book was released on April 17 and I am watching for the UPS guy. I am a big fan of her very readable romantic suspense titles. Here is the description of this one:
Daughter of a controlling mother, Elizabeth finally let loose one night, drinking at a nightclub and allowing a strange man’s seductive Russian accent lure her to a house on Lake Shore Drive. The events that followed changed her life forever.

Twelve years later, the woman known as Abigail Lowery lives on the outskirts of a small town in the Ozarks. A freelance programmer, she designs sophisticated security  systems—and supplements her own security with a fierce dog and an assortment of firearms. She keeps to herself, saying little, revealing nothing. But Abigail’s reserve only intrigues police chief Brooks Gleason. Her logical mind, her secretive nature, and her unromantic viewpoints leave him fascinated but frustrated. He suspects that Abigail needs protection from something—and that her elaborate defenses hide a story that must be revealed.

With a quirky, unforgettable heroine and a pulse-pounding plotline, Nora Roberts presents a riveting new read that cements her place as today’s most reliably entertaining thrillerauthor—and will leave people hungering for more.


8 comments:

  1. Great choice!! I can't wait for this one either--it sounds so good!!
    My WoW: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your UPS guy will show up today or tomorrow then! *grin*

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choice! Nora sure writes a LOT of books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1957

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm the only person left on the planet who hasn't read Nora Roberts. I do like the sound of this one though! Maybe I should finally drink the Cool Aid. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go back and read some Nora Roberts. That one sounds really good. Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not a Nora Roberts reader, although the fact that it takes place in the Ozarks is intriguing to me since I live in Missouri. I had to come check out your post and follow you though, because I love the title of your blog. I am a huge Marx brothers fan. YOu can come by and check out my WoW here:
    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-unwholly-unwind.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. New follower, I can honestly say that I've never read a Nora Roberts book but this sounds very intriguing that I'm going to add it to my wishlist, great pick, my wow

    http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_17.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!