Monday, December 7, 2020

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Dec. 7, 2020)

It's Monday, What Are You Reading? is now hosted by Kathryn at The Book Date.


It’s Monday!  What Are You Reading is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week.  It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

I will be combining my YA and adult reading and purchases on this one weekly roundup.

Other Than Reading... 

As usual in this pandemic, I have had a quiet week. I think I went out only once to go to a grocery store. I must have been away from home for less than half an hour. I stocked up on flour and sugar because I'm planning to do some holiday baking.

I started this baking binge by making chocolate chip pumpkin bread. The recipe made two loaves. I cut each in half and froze three parts. I am still trying to limit the sweets that I eat since I don't want to sabotage my healthy eating regime. My brother tells me that it is a recipe that I can keep since he liked it too. He has his slice of bread with a scoop of ice cream. I skipped the ice cream with mine.

I also made a batch of stew using a Mrs. Dash Salt-free stew mix. It makes a lot so my brother and I will be eating stew all week unless I decide to freeze half. His schedule for the coming week has him working during dinner time three of the five days he's scheduled to work. 

Today we are having hamburgers on homemade buns and potato salad for supper. It is sort of a picnic in December. We've been having nice weather for December with temperatures a bit above average and no snow. Unfortunately, we have had quite a few cloudy days and made very little electricity. Last month's power bill arrived and ate up half of the credit we have been banking since March. We only made half of the power we used in November.

November Reading

I read 9506 pages which were contained in 25 books in November. I read eight review books and listened to 14 audiobooks. Twelve of the audiobooks were rereads. Four of the books were from my TBR pile by which I mean that I have had them for more than one year. 

I added 39 books to my LibraryThing account. Ten were audiobooks. Fifteen were new review books. Twenty were Kindle books. The numbers don't add up because I got a number of audiobook/Kindle book combinations because I've discovered I like to read along while listening. 

Read Last Week

If you can't wait until the review shows up on my blog, reviews are posted to LibraryThing and Goodreads as soon as I write them (usually right after I finish reading a book.)
  • Portrait of Peril by Laura Joh Rowland (Jan. 12) - Fifth in Victorian mystery series with a great setting and interesting characters. My review will be posted on Jan. 5.
  • Ghost Ship by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - audiobook reread
Currently
Next Week
  • Accepting the Lance by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - audiobook
  • Trader's Leap by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller - if the audiobook has been released
Reviews Posted
Want to See What I Added to My Stack Last Week?
What was your week like?


12 comments:

  1. The chocolate chip pumpkin bread sounds good...and so do hamburgers and potato salad!

    You had a great reading month! I am curious about The Bone Jar. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post is making me hungry :) Everything sounds delicious

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm stew- sounds good. :) And so does the bread. We've been staying close to home too but I was in the store yesterday and wanted to buy everything lol.

    Your books look interesting as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a great week of reading - and cooking! Haven't read any of these - will check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love to hear about your electricity journey with solar. I guess winter now will be a bit like that with less sun. Freezing food is always nice because its lovely to just defrost and eat. I have nothing, I need to go out and get some things. Putting it off because of rain and laziness. The Awakening is one I want to get, I always enjoy your reviews on GR when I read a book you've read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so hungry right now! LOL. And now I want a burger. :) I always laugh at my google update from my phone on how far I have traveled from home every month. It is practically at zero every month right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh nice! These are new to me ones! I hope your reads lined up for this week!


    Here's my Monday Wrap-up

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, I'm so curious about the chocolate chip pumpkin bread. I'm going to look up the recipe. You've done a lot of reading this month. I notice you reread a lot of books. I rarely reread books, but I can see how it can be fun to get immersed once again in a story you loved and probably pick up on missed things as you reread.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your chocolate chip pumpkin bread with ice cream sounds right up my alley. Homemade hamburger buns sound good. I am not as adventurous with breads as a I should be.

    The reading you manage monthly is amazing. I am so jealous. Keep up the great work.

    Next week's books both look good to me. Hope you enjoy all your reading. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, we've had pretty great weather. The snow from early November has slowly been melting, so there's barely any on the ground now, which is nice, because I bike to work. And looks like a good week and month, reading wise! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That pumpkin bread sound delicious! You have a lot of interesting books here on your post. I've been eyeballing the Nora Roberts book and wondering if I should give it a try. Have a great week and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ok, now you got me curious with your Sharon Lee and Steve Miller binge, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!