Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Teaser Tuesday: Blood Games by Chloe Neill

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Teaser:
It was the man who's watched me in the crowd, the one Lindsey and I had thought was a fan. But his interest, apparently, wasn't for me.

"If he knows what's good for him," the man said, his voice deep and lush, "he'll stay in Chicago, and out of London."
This week my teaser comes from Blood Games by Chloe Neill. I got this latest book in the Chicagoland Vampire series when I roadtripped to Racine, Wisconsin, for Chloe's signing. Here is the description:
While Merit didn't choose to become a vampire or Sentinel of Cadogan House, she vowed to fight for her House and its Master, and she’s managed to forge strong alliances with powerful supernaturals across Chicago. But even though Merit has had wild adventures, this may be her deadliest yet....

A killer is stalking Chicago, preying on humans and leaving his victims with magical souvenirs. The CPD hasn’t been able to track the assailant, and as the body count rises, the city is running out of options. Vampires and humans aren’t on great terms, but murder makes for strange bedfellows. Can Merit find the killer before she becomes a target?

2 comments:

  1. OOoh so sinister!! I remember this part! ;) Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jessica... gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments. Let me know what you think.

This blog is now officially declared an Award Free zone! I do appreciate your kindness in thinking of me and I am humbled by your generosity.

Your comments are award enough for me. Comment away!